Need a loan pair?
We have standard FIT model loaner scissors available for hire at a flat rate of $50 each.
If you require a loan pair of scissors while yours are being sharpened, the rental charge is $50, we may not have the exact pair you use available, but we always try and find the best match for you.
If you need a loan pair the sharpening process is a little different:
1. Head to this link to order and pay for your loan pair. Or alternatively call 02 9813 3080 to organise your loaner scissor over the phone.
2. We mail you the loan pair with a returns label inside the box.
3. All you have to do is put your scissors to be sharpened in the same box you receive your loan pair in, along with a note telling us what needs to be checked with your scissors, stick the returns label on the box, and drop the box off at your closest post office.
4. Once we receive your scissors, we send them to back to the Mizutani Japan Factory to be sharpened, realigned and serviced.
5. Sharpening takes around 3 weeks, once they come back to us, we then require payment of your sharpening invoice prior to sending them back to you.
6. When your invoice has been paid, we post your scissors back to you with a returns label in the box again for you to return our loan pair.
Loan Pairs Terms & Conditions of Use
Professional Use | Mizutani Loan Agreement
Professional Use Pty Ltd | Mizutani Australia (“Professional Use”) is pleased to offer a loaner Mizutani Scissor to you while servicing is performed on your current Mizutani Scissors ("Customer Scissor"). By taking possession of the equipment identified in section 1 (“Loaner Scissor”) and signing this agreement, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below:
1. Loaner Scissor.
You acknowledge receipt of the Loaner Scissor listed below which at Professional Use's discretion may be new or refurbished, and agree to return it to Professional Use (i) no more than fourteen (14) days from the date Professional Use notifies you that your repaired Customer Scissor is ready for return or (ii) upon written request to do so (each, a "Return Date"):
The Serial Number of the Loaner Scissors is listed on the Mizutani Work Authorization Form while we sharpen and service your current scissor.
From the date which you receive the Loaner Scissor through to the Return Date, ownership of the Loaner Scissor shall at all times remain with Professional Use.
2. Receipt of Customer Scissor when Loaner Scissor Returned.
The Loaner Scissor is offered to you while your Customer Scissor(s) is serviced by Mizutani Japan. Professional Use will return the Customer Scissor to you after service and/or sharpening has been completed, and all outstanding payments are settled. The Loaner Scissor must be returned at your earliest convenience upon receiving back your scissor.
3. Extended Return Date.
The Return date will be known as the date your Loaner Scissor is dropped off at the Post Office for its return back to Professional Use, Ground Floor, 4 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113.
If circumstances prevent you from paying your invoice for your serviced Customer Mizutani scissors on or before the Return Date, please let Professional Use know you require an extension of five (5) days beyond the standard fourteen (14) day return period. You may apply for an extension by contacting Professional Use on 02 9813 3080 or emailing email@example.com. Upon approval of the five (5) day extension, the extended date will become your Return Date for purposes of these terms, and you will be required to return the Loaner Scissor by that extended Return Date. All of the terms set forth in this agreement will apply to that extended Return Date. A charge of $50 may apply for returns of loaner scissors received after the agreed return date.
You must take reasonable and prudent precautions to protect the Loaner Scissor against damage, loss, or abuse while in your possession. If the Loaner Scissor is lost, stolen or damaged, you must notify Professional Use immediately. Only Professional Use may service the Loaner Scissor to avoid permanent damage. You may be held responsible for repair or replacement costs if the Loaner Scissor is lost, damaged, or stolen while on loan.
5. Permitted Use.
The Loaner Scissor is to be used solely by you while your Mizutani is being serviced by Professional Use ("Service Period"). You must not use the Loaner Scissor for any unlawful purpose.
By accepting this loan pair you accept the above agreement terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of the points above, please contact us immediately on 02 9813 3080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.