If you ever drop your scissors (don’t worry it happens to the best of us!) please get in touch with us and we will arrange a repair back in the Mizutani Factory in Japan. For small repairs, usually the standard sharpening service fixes them, however for those bigger repairs it will be priced on a case by case basis.
Not only will you receive your scissors back in almost brand-new condition, you will adhere to the lifetime warranty of your scissors.
Please note the sharpening process takes around 3-4 weeks from start to finish.
The sharpening fee:
- $100 for one pair
- $150 for two ($75 each)*
- $200 for three etc ($66 each)*
We normally request this payment once your scissors are ready to be returned to you.
*only when scissors are sent to us in one package and able to be returned to the same address together
SHARPENING PROCESS | I DON'T NEED A LOAN PAIR
1. Please post or drop off your scissors to us (well bubble wrapped and protected with trackable post) - with your name, email address, mobile number and return postal address, as well as any notes about your scissors that you would like checked, inside the box.
2. Once we receive your scissors, we send them to back to the Mizutani Japan Factory to be sharpened, realigned and serviced
3. Sharpening takes around 3 weeks, once they come back to us, we then require payment prior to sending them back to you.
Our postal address is:
Ground Floor, 4 Talavera Rd
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113
02 9813 3080
SHARPENING PROCESS | I NEED A LOAN PAIR
If you require a loan pair of scissors while yours are being sharpened, the rental charge is $50, we may not have the exact pair you use available, but we always try and find the best match for you.
If you need a loan pair the sharpening process is a little different:
1. Please call 02 9813 3080 to organise a loan pair, or send us an email to email@example.com and we can get in touch with you to organise a loan pair.
2. We take payment for the loan pair and keep card details on file, we then mail you the loan pair with a returns label inside the box.
3. All you have to do is put your scissors to be sharpened in the same box you receive your loan pair in, along with a note telling us what needs to be checked with your scissors, stick the returns label on the box, and drop the box off at your closest post office.
4. Once we receive your scissors, we send them to back to the Mizutani Japan Factory to be sharpened, realigned and serviced.
5. Sharpening takes around 3 weeks, once they come back to us, we then require payment of your sharpening invoice prior to sending them back to you.
6. When your invoice has been paid, we post your scissors back to you with a returns label in the box again for you to return our loan pair.
Please Read Terms & Conditions for Loan Pair Rental
Mizutani guarantees all of its products. If you are not satisfied with the quality or are otherwise dissatisfied with the performance of your scissors within 10 days of receiving your products (including after sharpening), please contact us immediately and we will replace or repair the product, as long as no damage has been made to the scissor (drops, chips, blunt blades are not covered by warranty) outside of general wear and tear. If it is not possible to replace or repair your scissors, we will refund you the price of the scissor, however a service and sharpening fee will be charged to you to ensure this scissor can be replenished from its use with you. We certainly want you to fall in love with your new pair of scissors, so if you do have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
EXTENDING THE USEFUL LIFE OF YOUR SCISSORS
1. Do not over loosen the screw. (first, tighten the screw securely and then loosen it slowly. The optimum tightness occurs when the handle slowly closes about ¼ of the way when you open the scissors while holding one of the handles). Loosen and tighten your scissors one ‘click‘ at a time.
2. Frequently oil the backside of the blades and the screw.
3. if you have applied too much oil, wipe off the excess using a chamois.
4. Store your scissors in a dry well-ventilated space, or a certified Mizutani accessory. Moisture can damage your scissors and the bearing systems if exposed to for long periods of time.
5. If the blades become dull or if you drop your scissors, please send them for sharpening ASAP and discontinue using them.
6. If perm solution, colouring agent, water or other chemical comes in contact with your scissors, be sure to wipe your scissors with a cloth.
7. Do not polish custom colour scissors. Colouring agents and perm solution may discolour custom colours. The coating may peel off if you scratch it deeply.
8. Wood + Carbon handle scissors, do not allow colouring agents, perm solutions, or wet products to touch the handle, if it does come in contact, please ensure to wipe the scissor. Do not apply heat or heated air to the scissors.
9. And finally, try not to drop or knock your scissors around too much, as they are delicate.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS - GET IN TOUCH 02 9813 3080 OR
FILL OUT THE CONTACT FORM BELOW TO:
- LET US KNOW YOU NEED A LOAN PAIR
- LET US KNOW YOU'VE SENT US YOUR SCISSORS
- ASK US A QUESTION